Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this in the store yesterday and started laughing. Quite inventive, I thought!

But then I was wondering if you would use one......

Attachments

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I would say no... i would hold my babies in the rain.. the puddles are bigger than them!
What a good idea for a bigger dog though!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I think it's a great theory on paper. But, Josey won't even walk on wet grass. I have to carry her to a spot to go. Cute idea, though!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
It really is a great idea for those of us who have our babies outdoor potty trained. My husband and I walk out with the dogs every time, we do not just "let them out" to go so when it's raining or snowing I can see it being handy! Yesterday it was pouring here and I held a big towel over the dogs' heads to help keep them a little more dry. lol

I have seen those before, but have never actually tried one.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
No I wouldn't. I am pretty sure it would be impossible for me to keep it over Lola, she doesn't exactly walk in a straight line ;) LOL and her legs would be wet etc. anyway. I think the raincoat and little rubber booties are a much easier solution.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
That's a neat idea...but maltese, and my dog Bailey, are so tiny and low to the ground that they would end up getting wet anyways from the puddles/wet grass. I need to get a good raincoat for Bailey. Good idea for a bigger dog though.

·
Premium Member
6,090 Posts
No-my walkin' in the rain days are pretty much over. I don't take the girls out in rainy weather. Good idea for those that do, though.:blush:

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
That is really cute, but no I wouldn't use it. My two are pad trained, and I don't take them out in the rain (although the would love to go out in the rain unlike my other Malts I have had), but is a really cute idea for those who do walk their dogs in the rain.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
LOL!

B. doesn't do rain either and I wouldn't ever use that contraption even if she did. I would think it was funny if I saw one on the street.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I wouldn't use it for Yeager because the wind would probably blow all the rain on him and he's still end up a wet puppy. For small dogs, the puddles are too deep for them and I don't think big dogs need umbrellas! It's a cute idea though hahaha! and I'd definitely turn my head to look if I see one of those on the streets. Maybe for the summer to keep them from the blaring sun!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
LMAO ~ That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen ~ :HistericalSmiley:
I need control over my dogs, while walking. I can't imagine holding my own umbrella, a lead, and the dog's umbrella!! :w00t:

Would not be practical in my eyes. But a funny pic. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
20,056 Posts
I just saw one of them in a store the other day! I thought it was cool, but no, I wouldn't use one either.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts