Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who wouldn't fall for such a clever trick?

PALERMO, Italy (Reuters) - An Italian couple stole 50,000 euros from a woman in the Sicilian city of Palermo after convincing her they were vampires who would impregnate her with the son of the Anti-Christ if she did not pay them.

The man, a cabaret singer, and his girlfriend took the money from their victim over four years by selling her pills at 3,000 euros each that they said would abort the Anti-Christ's son.

Police uncovered the fraud after the 47-year-old woman's family became concerned when they discovered she had spent all her savings, local news agencies AGI and ANSA reported.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
There are some very nasty people out there who prey on gullible people and they probably tried that on a lot of people before they found some poor susceptible person who fell for it. I never open email from anyone I don't know, or from a business unless I am expecting it.
The elderly people are the ones who often get caught in scams and it is very sad.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Yes elderly people especially have to be careful. My mother is very careful. If somebody rings her bell and wants to sell her something or ask her to do some work on the house for her, she just tells them she does not have any money and they go away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts