Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*whew!* Glad that is done! Xena's spaying, etc. appt. was last Thursday. She was spayed, had her eyes flushed (& is now on drops for two weeks), had EIGHT teeth extracted! (The teeth were a surprise to everyone even the dentist thought she'd only need one or two taken out, but the others were really loose & just sort of came out!
)

We brought her home the same day- Thursday night & she was okay except for the consistent peeing in small amounts! Her stitches are not visiable & she's not bothering them very much. Have to say she's very much her cute self. We go back for a check next Monday.

Oh, yes, Xena is eight pounds! I guess she'll be closer to 7.5 when she loses the rest of her baby weight!

Pic from this weekend added in signature!

Deanne

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pamela,
I'm not sure (way to go, mom!) It's a white liquid that we got by prescription. I'll check when I get home. The vet flushed her eyes, but it wasn't as complete as he wanted it to be, hence the drops. Xena's eyes do seem a bit clearer, so we'll see.
Interesting info about the boric acid!

Deanne

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sadly, those were permanent teeth! Pregnancy really takes a toll on a dog's teeth, Xena does not like to have them brushed & her breeder didn't force it (imo). Fortuantely, she's all caught up & we give her healthy teeth treats & food, so *fingers crossed* the rest of those teeth stay put.

I just commented last night to my husband how white Xena's coat is! Her breeder didn't use anything special on her & I've only bathed her once (Wednesday night before surgery) with Bless the Beasts Detangling. She only has a tiny bit of cream in her ears. I guess she's just naturally beeeyoutiful!

Deanne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.