Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pico got his yearly physical and his ALT was 433. For an MVD dog, that is good! Not normal (10 to 118 is normal), but good. My vet was happy to tell me that Pico is doing well on my home cookin'. His blood counts were all good and I am a happy Malt Mom today!

I've learned that if you don't feed a raw diet, the next best thing is to cook the proteins on low heat and lightly steam the veggies. My vet agreed.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Congradulation on the good report
I know that it made your day.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Im so happy for you! I've got a question, how much does these tests run(ball-park) and can you get results immediately??

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Glad to hear it!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bill was $9 for blood collection, the CBC & Liver profile was $80.00. No other charges were applied. And my vet does the tests in house so I get the results in about 15 minutes.

The tests were called Profile Plus/Elec & CBC (VetScan), whatever that all means.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Wow that is very good news
That surely is the result of a very devoted mommy and very lucky Pico for having you there to look out for his health

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Great news......good job mommy

The last routine Puddles had was a joke, the vet i'm using is so country. They don't do any thing thats not needed to fix an existing problem. Think I should move to the one in town, even if their prices are triple? He has been checked for heart worms and his shots are up to date. Think I continue to use them, they are open really late on Monday nites and I never have to make an appt. They see Puddles and scoop him up loving on him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts