Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to share you guys! Brit'ny FINALLY jumped up on the couch! She is very good at chasing my 15 pound shih-tzu, Cisco, but once he jumps on the couch, he is home free. Well she has learned how to jump on the couch upstairs (its softer and lower to the ground then the couches down stairs) and now when they are running amuck upstairs and he jumps on the couch she hops right up there with him! I'm so happy for her!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You have a shih-tzu too?
I didn't know that! Congrats to your baby brit!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yeah i never knew you have a shih tzu, cute though Brit'ny is a big girl now lol. Sunny is doing this ne thing wherei guess he thinks he is a cat he jumps up on the couch and walks along the back and sleeps up there.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Awww,glad she finally did it!!My boys do the ZOOMING thing too.Kirbie just was able to jump on our couch finally.And hes almost a year old.Boy you should have seen he look on Baileys face the first time Kirbie was able to follow him right up the couch!!!Too funny these guys!! Kirbie still cant get up or bed though.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by FannyMay@Feb 28 2005, 10:38 AM
HAHA I bet your shih-tzu was shocked and didn't know what to do!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38443
[/QUOTE]

HAHA! You have it right on the nose! He is pissed to high heaven!

sheila, Brit can't get up on the bed either, he still has her there. SHe is full grown now (or so the vet says) so I don't think she can ever jump on the bed, she just barks or dances when she wants up on the bed or the couches downstairs.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey can jump on the couch...sometimes she misses. When she was a puppy she learned real quick...she wanted the cats. I think she thinks she is a cat...walks on the couch like they do, and tries to jump from the furniture like they do. She cannot get on the bed...had to put a stool for her to jump on so she could then jump on the bed. Once in a great while she will jump off the bed, but she hangs half her body down the side before she will jump. The other day she jumped almost 5 feet through the air from the couch in the bedroom to the bed. I couldn't believe it! She saw my cat do it and she wanted to follow him. Next I think I will find her on the dresser. She doesn't like that my cat jumps on the dresser and she can't. She has figured out that the couch is next to the dresser and that she can jump on that and then put her front paws on the dresser. I figure it is only a matter of time before I find her there.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
it took parker FOREVER to jump on the couch. i remember that moment too, how exciting it was heheh. now he only has the prob with the bed, and jumping on laps that are in a chair. he has a box by the bed that i covered to match the decor eheh..he uses that to get in the bed. so happy for little brit!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Awwww

I was thrilled when lil Lucy finally jumped up
She refuses to jump down, though, which I guess is a good thing cuz it could hurt her. She paces and whines til we get her down.

Congratulations to Brit
She's gorgggeous by the way but I'm sure you know that.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Am I the only weird one who doesn't want mine to jump? I remember when Kallie was a puppy telling the vet that she doesn't jump and he said that was wonderful because it would save her back and knees... of course she is jumping now.

But Catcher hasn't started and gosh I hope he doesn't! I'm sure he will and I really can't stop it but it would be just fine with me if he doesn't.

Kallie is almost 3 and she doesn't know she can go up stairs. I still carry her up and down! We don't do that often.. my bedroom and everything I use daily is on the main level.

EDIT: Just saw Nichole's post..... Looks like I'm not the only one after all.... we're of like minds on the jumping.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley jumps up on things as well as down...I can't imagine trying to KEEP him from it!
He is quite active at times!!!! He loves to jump off the couch to chase and fetch his toys...even if we are sitting on the floor...He will still jump up pn the couch to wait for us to throw it...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Mar 1 2005, 06:57 PM
Brinkley jumps up on things as well as down...I can't imagine trying to KEEP him from it!
He is quite active at times!!!! He loves to jump off the couch to chase and fetch his toys...even if we are sitting on the floor...He will still jump up pn the couch to wait for us to throw it...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39096
[/QUOTE]

Lexi is the same way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts