Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i have Bachelor in Political science and working on my second in International Relations.. and yes i do know and have my own personal Opinion... which i am about to give you.. im not a Democrat nor am i a Republican... when u study politics its so much easy to see how there is not really a difference between them..

Okay so 9-11 happen and boy was it horrible and shocking.. Yet it is not the FIRST terrorist attack on the US just the first on US soil. and even THAT is questionable.. if we count DOMESTIC terrorism -Oklahoma 95 i believe its the year-
im gonna play devils advocate here and asked ya all a question.. Why did fanatic muslims used hijacked planes to "attack" america? before i tell ya all my personal view it is important to me to see where ya all stand

ps.. please note that im not in favor or against anything just an observer

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
well...

without giving any opinions. and citing just recent islamic acts of "terrorisim" on our soil, prior to 9/11;

The world trade center was bombed by islamic fundementalists in '93, killing 6 americans and injuring 1000 more.

A Palestinian gunman opened fire on tourists at the empire state Building in '97 claiming it was punishment against the enemies of palestine.

So no... 9/11 was certainly not the first time we have been hit, much less targeted.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not only did the Muslim's attack:
World Trade Center
Empire State Building

Also, remember when they shot an old man on a cruise ship? And when they shot a passenger on an airline on US ground and threw his body on the tarmack?

They also attacked Our foreign embassy's, and the USS Cole where many innocent men died, even though this was not an attack on our soil, it was an attack against America. Plus the bombing in Beriut, Lebanon, killing scores of marines.

But, to answer your question; my belief is they used hijacked planes because it was easy, our guard was down.

They hate American's and they are bent on trying to destroy us.

Recently I was emailed information on a website www.cpusa.org This is a "communist party" website, they are endorsing Kerry.
ANOTHER reason I am voting for George Bush.
He has been there, done that and is well informed on what has been and needs to be done to fight this terrorism.
If we value our freedom's and our country, we need to keep him in office and going strong. These Muslims want him out. He is a man of his word and they know if he says he is going to do something, he will follow through.
(stepping down from my soapbox)

I hope this gives you an idea where I stand and why.

Thanks for the question

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Kaley,

To answer your question about why they used airplanes in the 911 attacks, my opinion is.....because they COULD. We are a free country which means each individual has freedom of speech as well as freedom of movement. The airline industry has the economic and legal freedom to make travel as seamless and easy as the American public wishes. Which also made it easy for terrorists to seize control of these planes to attack us.

Using our own planes to attack us added insult to the injury AND forced a curtailment of our own freedoms of movement here in the U.S. because we must now screen all passengers, including the innocent U.S. citizen and innocent citizens of other countries.

The third reason was to throw a monkey wrench into our emotions and our economy.

IMO.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Snertsmom@Sep 30 2004, 03:03 PM
Not only did the Muslim's attack:
World Trade Center
Empire State Building

Also, remember when they shot an old man on a cruise ship? And when they shot a passenger on an airline on US ground and threw his body on the tarmack?

They also attacked Our foreign embassy's, and the USS Cole where many innocent men died, even though this was not an attack on our soil, it was an attack against America. Plus the bombing in Beriut, Lebanon, killing scores of marines.

But, to answer your question; my belief is they used hijacked planes because it was easy, our guard was down.

They hate American's and they are bent on trying to destroy us.

Recently I was emailed information on a website  www.cpusa.org    This is a "communist party" website, they are endorsing Kerry.
ANOTHER reason I am voting for George Bush.
He has been there, done that and is well informed on what has been and needs to be done to fight this terrorism.
If we value our freedom's and our country, we need to keep him in office and going strong. These Muslims want him out. He is a man of his word and they know if he says he is going to do something, he will follow through.
(stepping down from my soapbox)

I hope this gives you an idea where I stand and why. 

Thanks for the question
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10492
[/QUOTE]

I agree

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just some food for thought on this topic:
Clear Perspective :
There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January.....
In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.
That's just one American City, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following:

FDR...led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941 to 1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.
Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950 to 1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.
John F. Kennedy...started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.
Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965 to 1975, 58,000 lives were lost,

an average of 5,800 per year.
Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.
The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB! The Military morale is high!
The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

Wait, there's more.......................

JOHN GLENN ON THE SENATE FLOOR

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:13 Some people still don't understand why military personnel do what they do for a living. This exchange between Senators John Glenn and Senator Howard Metzenbaum is worth reading. Not only is it a pretty impressive impromptu speech, but it's also a good example of one man's explanation of why men and women in the armed services do what they do for a living.

This IS a typical, though sad, example of what some who have never served think of the military.

Senator Metzenbaum to Senator Glenn:
"How can you run for Senate when you've never held a real job?"

Senator Glenn: "I served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. I served through two wars. I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire on 12 different occasions. I was in the space program. It wasn't my checkbook, Howard; it was my life on the line.

It was not a nine-to-five job, where I took time off to take the daily cash receipts to the bank. I ask you to go with me ... as I went the other day... to a veteran's hospital and look those men - with their mangled bodies - in the eye, and tell THEM they didn't hold a job! You go with me to the Space Program at NASA and go, as I have gone, to the widows and orphans of Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee... and you look those kids in the eye and tell them that their DADS didn't hold a job. You go with me on Memorial Day and you stand in Arlington National Cemetery, where I have more friends buried than I'd like to remember, and you watch those waving flags. You stand there, and you think about this nation, and you tell ME that those people didn't have a job? I'll tell you, Howard Metzenbaum; you should be on your knees every day of your life thanking God that there were some men - SOME MEN - who held REAL jobs. And they required a dedication to a purpose - and a love of country and a dedication to duty - that was more important than life itself. And their self-sacrifice is what made this country possible. I HAVE held a job, Howard! What about you?"

For those who don't remember - During W.W.II, Howard Metzenbaum was an attorney representing the Communist Party in the USA. Now he is a Senator!

If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran. It might not be a bad idea to keep this circulating 'till next November....

Gus Pons
Intelligence Analyst
Counterterrorism Assessment Team
SYTEX Inc.
Cell: (609) 384-6790
Fax: (609) 242-7214

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

Wow! Very impressive speech given there. It gave me the goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for the information...lots of things I did not know...and I am sure others did not either.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts