Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i mentioned some time ago, my Canon powershot 'died". I haven't actively looked for another. However, hubby went to Staples for sale on a monitor for our security system. He picked me up a Canon Powershot SX130 IS.
Does anyone have one? and do you like it?

Now, since I do have the other powershot ( the A580) loaded to my computer and I assume I have to load the disc for this new camera.Is that right?
Do I have to delete the other? In other words will the computer be 'confused" having two Canon softwares loaded? The other has photos stored so I hate to have to delete it, though I know I can move them onto my reg computer files.

Any input is appreciated. .... and please keep in mind I'm a dunce with this stuff so '3rd grade language' is needed LOL

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Terry, I've had several Canons and I always use the new disk because the uploading time for photos on the new one will likely be faster, etc. Once it is loaded and working you can go to "add/remove programs" in your control panel and remove the old camera programs. Sometimes I find it tricky to know what to remove because the program names are not always what we would expect them to be. It can't hurt to leave them because when you use your new camera the new software will recognize it, etc.

That sounds like a great camera .. especially with the IS function .. that is "image stabilzer" which means if the photographer moves a little, this function will adjust and keep the photo from being blurry. It's a great feature!

Congrats on your new camera!!!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Terry, I was looking for a new point and click camera about a month ago, and ended up buying the Canon SD1300 IS. It's great for point and click pictures and the quality of the photos is wonderful.

I normally use my DSLR Nikon for quick action photos, so it is a little harder for me to get use to the lag time for point & click.

I've never removed any of the software for my various cameras (my bad). When I attach the camera to the computer (or put the memory card in the computer), about 5-6 different programs all open and ask if I want to open the pictures with that particular program. Depending on the camera, I always know which one to choose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts