Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're hoping for some GREAT donations. The company, I work for, is very well respected in the industry, with many classy clients.

Also an article came out in this month's security news magazine, which covers ten states, and has 500,000 subscribers!!

My company will be blasting out flyers to our client base, as well as ask for donations at the many functions we hold.

It took me a while, but we're there, Edie!! Now just a ton of marketing to do, so sit tight, and pray for a good return.

Check out the website. Little Johnny is the star :wub:

GMS Pet Project General Monitoring Services, Inc.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
:cheer::cheer::cheer: You said it was going to happen Deb and now it has. EXCELLENT.:chili::chili: it's so great that the link takes them to that great front page on AMA with the before and after shots. We've got our fingers and paws crossed here that the donations will come flowing in. :wub:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:cheer::cheer::cheer: You said it was going to happen Deb and now it has. EXCELLENT.:chili::chili: it's so great that the link takes them to that great front page on AMA with the before and after shots. We've got our fingers and paws crossed here that the donations will come flowing in. :wub:
Thanks Susan!! I'm so excited. This is a dream for me. I will be incorporating our cause in my daily work routine, functions, emails, etc. Our base is soooo huge, and the contacts we have are enormous. I travel quite a bit, so the flyers will be going with me!!

My boss is an animal/rescue lover. He's a good man, and does nothing half assed, so I know he will spare no expense with the marketing.

And yep, I will be using every contact in my industry to help spread the word, and cough up some cash. :thumbsup:

I am very excited about this.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Fabulous news!!!! Wonderful!!!! Yay!!!!

Deb, I hope you don't mind this suggestion, but I think something that would help a lot with donations is if the rescue was a 501(c)3 tax emempt nonprofit so that donations were tax deductible. For our small donations here, it's not that big of a deal but to get businesses involved and get some larger donations, I really think it'd make a huge difference if they were set up that way.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Deb, I hope you don't mind this suggestion, but I think something that would help a lot with donations is if the rescue was a 501(c)3 tax emempt nonprofit so that donations were tax deductible. For our small donations here, it's not that big of a deal but to get businesses involved and get some larger donations, I really think it'd make a huge difference if they were set up that way.
Oh, I'm well aware of this, Sher. Edie's been working on it. So it makes my job a bit harder. But hey, they don't call me the sales/marketing queen for nothing ~ :HistericalSmiley: So, until we get that resolved, I must deal with what I have.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts

I was just reading the site and it says:
The AMA is a 501c4 non profit organization and donations to rescue are not tax deductible. AMA Rescue and the Maltese we are able to help, appreciate any donation.
I never heard of a 501c4 before; usually c3. Is that the difference? Is it possible to change it?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, I'm well aware of this, Sher. Edie's been working on it. So it makes my job a bit harder. But hey, they don't call me the sales/marketing queen for nothing ~ :HistericalSmiley: So, until we get that resolved, I must deal with what I have.
Deb, I'm so glad they are working on it. I really think it will make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
The AMA is a club and as a club they can only have the 501C4 Non-profit status. The AMA Rescue would have to become a seperate group with its own board of directors etc.. We hope at some point to be able to resolve this status. Seems unfair, but is the way the laws are.
Just means we have to work twice as hard to get the funds to help our rescues.
Thanks to Deb and her new website, I hope we will have a good boost to our funds for this coming year.
We have already taken in two more rescue's in the first two week of 2011.
Thanks so much Deb for all your work and effort on AMA rescues behalf. Your are the best. Hugs,Edie

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
The AMA is a club and as a club they can only have the 501C4 Non-profit status. The AMA Rescue would have to become a seperate group with its own board of directors etc.. We hope at some point to be able to resolve this status. Seems unfair, but is the way the laws are.
Thanks to Deb and her new website, I hope we will have a good boost to our funds for this coming year.
Thanks so much Deb for all your work and effort on AMA rescues behalf. Your are the best. Hugs,Edie
Thanks for explaining Edie. Tax deductions or not, it's for the fluffs.:)

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Very good, Deb! This should make a world of difference with AMA rescue group.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to see them getting some big help! You're so lucky to work at a place that is animal friendly!
Yep, definately "animal friendly" ... heck they hired me, and I'm a beast!

:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Ahhhh, that makes sense. I belong to a women's professional club and we have a separate foundation where we give grants to young women and now I can see why we have the club and the foundation as separate entities with separate boards, etc.

I don't mean to hijack this thread so just wanted to say one more thing!! I just want AMA to get the maximum donations possible and I think a new tax status will help. I'm not thinking about $25 or $100 that we might give but rather the big bucks from businesses or others with financial means. I think people feel more comfortable giving large amounts when they know there is not only the tax deduction but also accountability for the funds received.

Also, thinking that a separate board would be wonderful for the rescue portion as you really do have two separate things going on. Those on the rescue board would likely be more in tune with rescue and its needs .. just like those on the club board would be more involved with the breed standard, showing, breeding, education, hereditary diseases, etc.

OK... I'm done!!! :innocent: Congrats again, Deb!!!! :aktion033:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahhhh, that makes sense. I belong to a women's professional club and we have a separate foundation where we give grants to young women and now I can see why we have the club and the foundation as separate entities with separate boards, etc.

I don't mean to hijack this thread so just wanted to say one more thing!! I just want AMA to get the maximum donations possible and I think a new tax status will help. I'm not thinking about $25 or $100 that we might give but rather the big bucks from businesses or others with financial means. I think people feel more comfortable giving large amounts when they know there is not only the tax deduction but also accountability for the funds received.

Also, thinking that a separate board would be wonderful for the rescue portion as you really do have two separate things going on. Those on the rescue board would likely be more in tune with rescue and its needs .. just like those on the club board would be more involved with the breed standard, showing, breeding, education, hereditary diseases, etc.

OK... I'm done!!! :innocent: Congrats again, Deb!!!! :aktion033:
Absolutely, Sher. We're working on it. Much easier to get larger donations with a 501(c)3.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Way to go Deb! I read your little blurb in our Rx and I thought to myself, "now there's a go-getter!" I wish that we coudl get the 501(c)3 status. I have been harping on that for years. I know it would take a lot of work. Any club that is all voluntary usually works with bare bones. The more involved we are, the better our club will be and the better the club is, the better our beloved Maltese will fare. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Deb, Great job! It's wonderful that your boss is caring and willing to help. You go above and beyond, and we're all thankful to have you helping our wonderful little dogs.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
This is wonderful news, Deb! Great work. I am praying you guys will get tons of donations.:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Way to go Deb! I read your little blurb in our Rx and I thought to myself, "now there's a go-getter!" I wish that we coudl get the 501(c)3 status. I have been harping on that for years. I know it would take a lot of work. Any club that is all voluntary usually works with bare bones. The more involved we are, the better our club will be and the better the club is, the better our beloved Maltese will fare. Just my 2 cents.
Keep harping, my friend ~ :thumbsup:

You're right, we do work with bare bones. I still have some meat left on me, and am more than willing to get involved with this.

Heck, I'll be part of the board of directors. Yes, I know Edie, you're afraid of that idea ~ :HistericalSmiley:

Heck, let's get the ball rolling, then simply kick me off ~ :HistericalSmiley:

I do care about the club, and what's best (more beneficial) for the rescues. Gosh, I love these little ones. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them.

LBB: Then make me a cheese burger

Jops: Oh, I want one

Franks: Can I have fries with mine

Tommy: I'd like a leg transplant

Johnny: I want a bath

Bobby: I'm perfectly happy. Life couldn't be better. I, now, want for nothing.

Deb: Give it time, my wee little Bobby. You will turn into a demanding ass, just like the rest of them. And you deserve it. B)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts