Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...Cloud isnt THAT old. But anyway, My bf taught him how to PLAY DEAD! HAHAHA
The things you do for treats! At first, my bf told him to just play did. And then we started to say, "BANG, Play dead!" while making a gun with our hand. It's so cute! Sometimes he has to roll into it and then he lays flat down. And sometimes he lays on his back with his legs up in the air! I'm a very very proud mommy. I'm proud of my bf too...that's the only trick he taught Cloud.

As far as Noriko though. Imma kill her. She's starting to potty inside again! What in the world? She's just lucky she's cute.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 2 2005, 08:48 AM
As far as Noriko though.  Imma kill her.  She's starting to potty inside again!  What in the world?  She's just lucky she's cute.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39190
[/QUOTE]
These little ones can get away with a lot because of those little faces!!! Congrats on Clouds new trick!!! :D Peanut throws himself on the ground when he plays dead...I guess he's a drama queen...sooooo friggin cute though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
I tried teaching it to Brinkley by doing the gun with my hand and saying "bang"...then I would try to lay him on his side...

WELL-I ended up scaring him!
He hated that trick!
I don't know if my bang was too loud, or if my finger pointing at him freaked him out or what...but he would tuck his tail and lay his ears back, and try to sneak away...I felt so badly...I just gave up on that one...


He really only does sit, lay, rollover, and dance with consistence. We have tried shake and a few others..but he just doesn't care too much...

Now when he does lay, I can't get him to stay there, he automatically rolls over... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
I love that trick! How did he do it? I tried to teach Pico to "roll over" like one of the other forum members described but after the first time, he just won't come near me to practice again! He jumps back and then runs away when he sees me get down on the floor to work with him.......he's having none of any trick-teaching!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,741 Posts
i tried to teach parker to roll over and like traci said with teaching brink to play dead..he gets scared, so i gave up. i felt like it was a torture session. i wish he wouldnt freak out like that
o well. its only the simple tricks for him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nicole--HAHHAHA

My bf taught him so I don't know what he did. I think he'd get him to lay down and roll him on the side and say "PLAY DEAD" 100 times. And then, later on, I added the "BANG!" hehe. Cloud's bark is much louder than our "BANG!" so that wouldn't scare him.

I'm TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY PROUD. I wont tell ya'll what treat I used because it's not the best human food and I dont want to get yelled at. But, it really does help to get GOOOOOOOD YUUUUUUMMMMY treats. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,741 Posts
heh i was so desperate to have parker not be scared, that I used cheese. still didnt work. whats better than cheese heheheh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Mar 2 2005, 02:02 PM
Well, he knows that he has to do a trick for the treat, so he usually just starts dropping to the floor and rolling over, but once he calms down, (this is the funniest) all we have to do is point our finger at him and he will fall over dead, so we call that "Bang Bang with a Silencer" 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39302
[/QUOTE]

CUTE!!!!



Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 2 2005, 04:25 PM
I wont tell ya'll what treat I used because it's not the best human food and I dont want to get yelled at.  But, it really does help to get GOOOOOOOD YUUUUUUMMMMY treats. :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39332
[/QUOTE]


I'm not SKEERED to say what "bad" treats I use!
What, are you CHICKEN?!
Ha ha!!!!

I get the BEST out of Brink doing tricks when I use
bologna
!!!!
I hate the stuff myself...but he LOVES it!

He will also do tricks much more cooperatively and work longer with good treats...not his everyday poo/grooming treats.

I usually use lunchmeat...anything from ham, turkey, or the dreaded bologna-sometimes even hotdogs.
The other night we worked on shake FOREVER with baked chicken..but he didn't get it...(the shake)...but he sure got lots of baked chicken!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Mar 2 2005, 11:01 AM
I tried teaching it to Brinkley by doing the gun with my hand and saying "bang"...then I would try to lay him on his side...

WELL-I ended up scaring him!
He hated that trick!
I don't know if my bang was too loud, or if my finger pointing at him freaked him out or what...but he would tuck his tail and lay his ears back, and try to sneak away...I felt so badly...I just gave up on that one...


He really only does sit, lay, rollover, and dance with consistence. We have tried shake and a few others..but he just doesn't care too much...

Now when he does lay, I can't get him to stay there, he automatically rolls over... :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39223
[/QUOTE]
Ha!! My sister's austrailan shepherd was scared when she said bang too. It just set him off and he took off running around the house.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top