Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Whew! I read the first page...I am worn out from her rambling!

This is my opinion about the part I have read.
She is accusing lots of people about lying/setting her up...etc. She said she should have had 24 hours to fix the situation etc. Well, from my experience watching "Animal Cops" :D there are times when the conditions are SO bad that they take the animals right then and there! They don't get a warning. I am assuming that was the case with her. She said she should have gotten a 24 hour "notice" two different ways. (kinda wishy washy
) When they came...they should have given her 24 hours to clean up/correct the problems. But then she said they should have given her 24 hours notice that they were even coming. Well, duh! If you have 24 hours notice the cages/kennels would have been cleaned up...etc.

I really think that her crime was TOO many dogs. I think that is where it all STARTS from...and then it just escalated from there. Even if she did love the breed as she says...there is no way possible to care for as many dogs as she had in the way they needed to be cared for.

When I have more time..I will read more of her pages...but that first one did me in!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Tlunn, how many dogs constitutes too many? I haven't read the article yet, but I am very interested in this. Personally, I think more than a few breeding pairs is a lot of dogs for anyone to handle. Off the cuff, my response would be 20. But I don't really know.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I skimmed the article... My opinion of her remains the same ... that she is a pathological liar.

I looked up the site ownership on Network Solutions and it does list "Jenny Siliski" as the owner. Her email address is shown as [email protected]. Isn't that the oddest.... "I R Confused" !!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Mar 9 2005, 07:25 AM
Tlunn, how many dogs constitutes too many?  I haven't read the article yet, but I am very interested in this.  Personally, I think more than a few breeding pairs is a lot of dogs for anyone to handle.  Off the cuff, my response would be 20.  But I don't really know.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41307
[/QUOTE]

Well, in news reports she had over 200 dogs and cats combined...
I can't even imagine that in a low maintenence breed...let alone a high maintenence like ours.

I guess my point is...if she STARTED out breeding for the love of the breed and the betterment of it...yada yada yada yada...somewhere along the line she let the money/greed something take over and it got out of hand. Somewhere along the line she lost control of the situation...There is NO way possible to care for that many Malts...even with two kennel workers there full time. Impossible!!!! No way they were getting the love, attention, care, grooming, socialization that they needed. They were living a miserable life in a cage for her benefit and gain!

I also think she is
. That is just from hearing her interviews etc. I can't stand to watch her talk..her demeaner...etc. I don't know about the "lying" per-se as K/C said...possibly lying...or possibly just a warped sense of reality. :new_Eyecrazy: She is doing a lot of blaming...and not taking responsibility for anything except possibly having too many dogs.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 9 2005, 09:06 AM
From those pictures everything looked okay....  looks clean...
  are they real pictures?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41318
[/QUOTE]
Looks can fool....from all I read this was an absolutely horrible situation. What boggles my mind is how someone can go from being a respected member of the maltese world to this. I guess greed is a very strong motivation.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
OK from what she says on the first page she had over 160 adult dogs and 35 newborn puppies when they raided her house. She claims that only 60 adult dogs were even hers and all the others were other peoples that she was "dog sitting". First of all, Yeah right! You expect me to believe that she was pet sitting 100 dogs all at the same time?! Think again! Next of all 35 pups! That sounds like a puppy mill to me! She goes on to compare them to 8 German Shepherds because of their weight. LOL 8 German Shepherds is ALOT of dogs! Who in their right mind would own 8 German Shepherds! Below is her quoted text from her first page about how many dogs were there.

"At least thirty five of the animals seized were newborn puppies. When you hear the number of dogs, it sounds so amazing that one could have that many dogs in their home. To the average person it is very hard to imagine. But you do need a sense of perspective of the breed of dog that I raised and/or was caring for. The average weight of the Maltese I raised was about 5 pounds as an adult so if there were 160 adult dogs, that is about 800 pounds of dogs or 8 German Shepherds. I could not have raised or even properly cared for 200+ Lhasas, as they required more exercise and more care, so you do need to take into account the breed of dog involved. I only owned about 60 adult Maltese, the rest were other peoples' (some of whom were afraid to end up on Jay's list or to get negative Publicity) I was a show breeder trying to better the breed. I was one of the only Maltese breeders in the nation to have two of my Champions invited to the Eukanuba Dog Show this year. I was one of only 3 breeders in the Nation to have produced over 30 Maltese Champions in the last 6 years."

In her other pages she goes on to blame her two hired helpers. They stole dogs from her. I would too if I saw how they were being treated! Then she goes on to say that she used to give puppies as part of their pay for some of her workers. She gave one male to one of these workers even though she had two Rottweilers! Then she wouldn't give her anymore puppies after the lady put it down because it had a seizure. So they stole the dogs instead. You can read more about that under Karen and Julie at http://malteseneglect.com/karen_and_julie.htm Hire new help you moron!

If you ask me this woman deserves to be behind bars for the rest of her life. See how she likes being put in a cage for her entire life. I don't care if she's right about all the lying that went on in this case, she was running a puppy mill and I am glad it got shut down!

This woman needs to learn how to write if she wants to rant to the world about how unjustly she was treated. There are run on sentences, double words, misspellings, she is redundant, long winded, and rants on and on. She has a whole web site dedicated to this one case and you can't even get through the first page without realizing this woman is a moron! I had to push on just to skim through some of her other pages. Even if she is right about the law and the lies and everything else she claims, she still had too many dogs!

I think someone said it best before "she has a warped sense of reality". She thinks she is in the right when she is clearly wrong. Then again puppy mills don't think or say they are puppy mills.

This page says she had 230 animals confiscated! If she only had 160 adults and 35 puppies then that means she had 35 cats.
http://www.petitiononline.com/Maltese/petition.html

The more I research this, the more I want to stop reading. http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/0.../56434399.shtml

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Mar 9 2005, 12:00 PM
This woman needs to learn how to write if she wants to rant to the world about how unjustly she was treated.  There are run on sentences, double words, misspellings, she is redundant, long winded, and rants on and on.  She has a whole web site dedicated to this one case and you can't even get through the first page without realizing this woman is a moron!  I had to push on just to skim through some of her other pages.  Even if she is right about the law and the lies and everything else she claims, she still had too many dogs! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41379
[/QUOTE]

LOL...that is why I could only make it through the first page too!!! I got tired of her rambling.
I will skim through the other pages at another time...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 9 2005, 09:06 AM
From those pictures everything looked okay....  looks clean...
  are they real pictures?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41318
[/QUOTE]

those pictures were supposedly taken one hour before the raid.
the raid happened on jan.22, 2004. around 5p.m. if you will notice how brightly the sun is shinning into the window, you will know that these pictures weren't taken then.
also there was video taken when the raid began and it was already dark, and believe me it didn't look anything like it did in that picture.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts