Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get bad cramps... so I take Aleve. Its the only thing that works for me. Now they say it causes heart attack and whatever else! I just got this Tylenol menstrual relief stuff... ehhh... its NOT working AT ALL! I HATE this! What am i gonna do... I've tried all types of things in the past and only Aleve works! Why did they have to announce their findings yesterday???? Why couldnt they wait until after this week, now that its THAT time again!!???

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i think u only have to worry if u are at risk for heart probs...ur young and healthy i say get rid of the cramps!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
break your arm and stock up on tylenol with codine. LOL. i used to take my moms painkillers when i would get my period.

GO ON DEPO PROVERA---you'll never get your period again.
its a good thing.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Have you tried midol? I never used BC powder or Goodies for cramps but shoot, it kills my headaches/migraines most of the time. Advil use to work on me, but it doesnt have any effect on me anymore. Is it Aleve that causes a higher risk for heart attacks or is it the naproxen itself? Is it called naproxen? I think I may be missing a few letters but, oh well. I ain't no doctor

Or a heating pad? I use to have horrible tummy pains that would wake me up in the middle of a deep sleep. I had this massager that heats up too. Oh it felt so much better. Also, exercise and stretching should help relieve cramps in the long run.

So sorry for ya. I feel ya. I feel ya RIGHT NOW! LOL

·
Registered
365 Posts
It is the naxo... ingredient but as along as you don't take for, longer than 10 days and no more than the amount per day as directed... But I think if you can, take as less of it as you can. Have you tried Motrin?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Dec 22 2004, 11:59 PM
break your arm and stock up on tylenol with codine.  LOL.  i used to take my moms painkillers when i would get my period.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25065
[/QUOTE]
That is some SICK thinking! You drug addict!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I know what you are feeling...they took away my Vioxx!
I need it for my knee and the ankle that I broke this spring. Nothing works as well...I tried the Bextra and it isn't as effective but even now, they are investigating that. I say, everything has a risk and just take it as needed....they did that w/ the Dimetapp a few years ago, if there is ANY risk that they see someone could sue for, they'll pull it. It's sad...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Aleve (or the walmart equate brand) he he...is the only think that kicks my bad headaches. I would say that as long as you only take the recommended dose when needed, then it should be ok.
Unless they pull it off the shelf, I am not going to stop taking it.
It is good stuff!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Dec 23 2004, 12:50 AM
I get bad cramps... so I take Aleve.  Its the only thing that works for me.  Now they say it causes heart attack and whatever else!  I just got this Tylenol menstrual relief stuff... ehhh... its NOT working AT ALL!  I HATE this!  What am i gonna do... I've tried all types of things in the past and only Aleve works!  Why did they have to announce their findings yesterday????  Why couldnt they wait until after this week, now that its THAT time again!!???

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25062
[/QUOTE]

What about Motrin (Advil). I love that stuff!

·
Registered
707 Posts
I get really bad cramps and migraines too and I take Aleeve or Anaprox (a stronger dose) for both. I just went to the neurologist and she gave me Celebrex to take for 2 weeks for "ice pick" headaches but I had to stop taking that too.

What is going on with all these medicines...don't they test them before going into the market? Now I'm stuck with nothing that works. I take imitrex for the migraines but what about my cramps and the "ice pick" headaches.

This sucks! :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've tried Avil... eh... doesnt work... I just tried Women's Tylenol for menstrual relief... ehhhh... it sux! oh god.... i'm dying here this morning!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Dec 23 2004, 07:30 AM
  I need it for my knee and the ankle that I broke this spring. Nothing works as well...I tried the Bextra and it isn't as effective but even now, they are investigating that. I say, everything has a risk and just take it as needed....they did that w/ the Dimetapp a few years ago, if there is ANY risk that they see someone could sue for, they'll pull it. It's sad...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25079
[/QUOTE]
I hear you about Vioxx.. I've been on Celebrex for my knees and that stuff is just a life saver for me!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i know what you're feeling.

i would know i would have my period because i would always wake up at 5 am, with lower back pain and then having horrible stomach cramps. i would sit on the toilet for about an hour(it helped..i dont know why) and then i would get that nauseous feeling.

i would get the saliva building up in my mouth...and it tastes funny. and then i would start gagging. i would splash my face with water...didnt work.

the only thing that would relieve my pain---i HAD to throw up. so i would stand there (i never put my finger or anything down my throat)...but i would think about how i felt sick...and then i would throw up. and i would feel a little better, take 4 tylenols and then lay down with a sleeping pad.

I HAVENT HAD THAT FEELING IN 2 YEARS!!!!! honestly...think about going on birth control or something. there's even a pill where you only get your period every 3 months or something.

im on depo-provera and i just get a shot every 3 months and i dont get my period. there's the spotting for the first year. but there is absolutely no pain at all.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Dec 23 2004, 11:45 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Triste
@Dec 23 2004, 07:30 AM
I hear you about Vioxx.. I've been on Celebrex for my knees and that stuff is just a life saver for me!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25113
[/B][/QUOTE]

Celebrex is off the market now too. I was on it for headaches and it's off the market. So is Bextra.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella+Dec 23 2004, 10:19 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2004, 11:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Triste
@Dec 23 2004, 07:30 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25113

[/QUOTE]

Celebrex is off the market now too. I was on it for headaches and it's off the market. So is Bextra.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25121
[/B][/QUOTE]
I know, it's been hard coping without it.. with the cold weather we've been having my knees have been in agony.. but I guess I'd rather have knee pain than a heart attack. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was told that ibuprofen (sp?) helps reduce swelling so amybe that might help with some headaches and knee pain?
I've been getting bad headaches and sometimes nothing helps!It gets bad that I just want to lie down and sleep. I was told that its a migraine but i don't get the sesitivity to light or nausea.
I think I might buy the Motrin Migarine to try.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by snoopychan@Dec 23 2004, 03:03 PM
I was told that ibuprofen (sp?) helps reduce swelling so amybe that might help with some headaches and knee pain?
I've been getting bad headaches and sometimes nothing helps!It gets bad that I just want to lie down and sleep. I was told that its a migraine but i don't get the sesitivity to light or nausea.
I think I might buy the Motrin Migarine to try.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25162
[/QUOTE]
With migraines, you don't always get the light sensitivity or nausea, so it might still be a migraine, especially if lying down and sleeping helps it. I've found that Excedrin Migraine does a decent job of helping my headaches.. it's not super fast, but if you take 2 and then take a nap, typically it will go away by the time you wake up.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I love Aleve
I won't stop taking it. I take it when I get head colds...I can't think without taking one. I once took two Aleve, by accident, and within an hour, my entire body, and brain, felt NUMB!!!
Felt good though. I used it last night. I am seriously sick and stressed, but it works. I agree, use it in moderation when you need to, and if you do not have a risk of heart attacks.

~Elegant

1 - 20 of 45 Posts