Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I don't know if mine salivate, but when I'm making their Dr. Harvey's food and letting it steep, I set the timer on the microwave. When that timer goes off they come RUNNING! I usually make up about 2 weeks worth of food at a time so they hear the timer on the microwave go off all the time when it's not associated with their food. How the heck they realize it's for THEIR food I just don't know.:HistericalSmiley: I mean, that's some pretty good reasoning there on their part to equate the crockpot smell and the timer every couple of weeks to thier food being ready!:wub:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
LOL! They must be able to smell the difference in their food and yours I guess. I call London my "helper chef" because if I set a kitchen timer and go upstairs to do housework, etc, when the timer goes off she barks like crazy. lol If I'm already in the kitchen when it goes off, she doesn't bark.

I think our babies are just extra smart. ;)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I just learned about that in psychology, LOL!

I salivate every time I read or hear the word Pavlov. My teacher used classical conditioning on the class.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
must be their little sniffers Crystal...but they are pretty smart just the same. They can be so cute can't they?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Louis was the exact same way when I was feeding him THK. I used to set the timer on the microwave and then go do other things. He would always beat me to the kitchen when it went off. Its got to the be the nose....

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
The Boyz know also and will come running.....yummmmmm!

Hate to say it but if I smell something good that Bob is cooking I come running too!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
They are just so attuned to you Crystal~~~they know the kitchen means something good and when they hear that bell.....they just come running!!!! Pretty smart I would say!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Crystal that is pretty funny. B&E also come running when they here the microwave go off b/c I always heat their Dr H's before they eat. They also come running when they see me take out the cutting board...they got used to me cutting up fruit and veggies for them awhile back so they think cutting board = treats!

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I often wonder about how Chloe and Summer know that I am cooking for them (Dr. Harveys) as opposed to cooking for myself. When I am cooking for myself, they do not pay any attention to what I am making. Yet when I am cooking for them, they will stay in the kitchen the whole time, Chloe will start whining and twirling around and Summer tries to climb up my leg to get to the food. I think it is rather cute.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I often wonder about how Chloe and Summer know that I am cooking for them (Dr. Harveys) as opposed to cooking for myself. When I am cooking for myself, they do not pay any attention to what I am making. Yet when I am cooking for them, they will stay in the kitchen the whole time, Chloe will start whining and twirling around and Summer tries to climb up my leg to get to the food. I think it is rather cute.
Exactly! I use the crockpot for me too and they seem to know when it's for them. I just wish I knew how. We just have brilliant fluffs, that's all there is to it.:wub:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts