Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You Want Fingers with That?

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said on Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Local officials launched an investigation after the incident on Tuesday night and the medical examiner determined on Wednesday that the object was a human finger.

Officials are trying to determine if the finger came in the raw materials Wendy's used to prepare the chili, Gale said.

Wendy's International Inc. corporate office did not immediately return a call for comment. Wendy's is the third-largest hamburger chain.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Oh my gosh! :eek: I have no words for that right now except-YUCK!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That is so utterly disgusting!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey everyone....I live in San Jose, home of the chilli "finguer" food

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I found a fly in a Wendy's salad once and never ate their salad again. Now after hearing this I am not sure if I ever want to eat anything there again! John likes their chilli too! I won't let him eat it anymore.

I wonder if they are going to find a body to that finger. Wonder if someone fell into the vat of chilli or something. EWWWW!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
imagine all the people that had that chilli with finger swimming in it.....but they didnt get the finger!!!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You know if you cut a piece of your finger off and you don't find it on the counter or floor you MIGHT just want to check in the FOOD!!!!!! That's DISGUSTING!! I bet its a slow day for Wendy's today!!! lol

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I am not a fast food eater but have trouble believing a story like this. I would think that if there is a finger in your food you would see it before you put it in your mouth. Would a finger fit on your fork or spoon without you trying to balance it on it ? I am quite suspicious of that story.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
When I was in highschool, some lady found bits and pieces of a condom in her milkshake. She got it from a Steak and Shake I think. It got caught up in her straw. She took it to the health department and they did an investigation...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts