Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you know that......

if you ride your motorcycle with your mouth wide open and the tip of your tongue touching the roof of your mouth, that it is IMPOSSIBLE to pronounce ANY word that begins with the letter S.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Well I think if I was riding down the road on a motor cycle with my mouth wide open someone would have to think I am crazy

As for attempting the deed you describe I would say aerodynamics would certainly interfere with completing the task at hand

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay Scott! Now finish with how you know this, and what words you were trying to say?
[/B]

OK- I know that you must think that not only am I an idiot, but I must be an insane freak, right???

I told this to some police officer friends of mine that ride motorcycles and they knew exactly where I'd got that information from......

so, before you think that I've lost what little bit of marbles I've ever had, I'll share it with you.

As most of you may already know by now, I'm a very big fan of The Andy Griffith Show.

There is one episode where Deputy Barney Fife purchases a motorcycle and side car and places this vehicle in the Mayberry Sheriff Dept vehicle fleet. During this episode, Deputy Fife shares the luxurous knowledge and I'm not one to keep my wealth of knowledge to myself, so I wanted to share that with you fine folks!!!!

LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It doesn't matter what activity you are doing. If your tongue is touching the roof of your mouth, you cannot make the /s/ sound because that is not the proper place to put your tongue when you want to make the /s/ sound. For each sound, we have to hold our tongues in a certain place. For instance, put your the tip of your tongue between your teeth and make the /l/ sound. Continue making the /l/ sound and slowing move the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth and move it from the front of your mouth to the back as far as you can. Unless your tongue is really stiff, the /l/ will change to an /r/.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
It doesn't matter what activity you are doing. If your tongue is touching the roof of your mouth, you cannot make the /s/ sound because that is not the proper place to put your tongue when you want to make the /s/ sound. For each sound, we have to hold our tongues in a certain place. For instance, put your the tip of your tongue between your teeth and make the /l/ sound. Continue making the /l/ sound and slowing move the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth and move it from the front of your mouth to the back as far as you can. Unless your tongue is really stiff, the /l/ will change to an /r/.[/B]
Wow, thats really true!!!
I think I just strained my tongue though by bringing it a little too far back!!! lol

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I just bit my tongue.

****WARNING: Trying this while laughing could be hazardous to your health.****

[/QUOTE]

AND YALL THOUGHT I WAS THE IDIOT!!!!

It doesn't matter what activity you are doing. If your tongue is touching the roof of your mouth, you cannot make the /s/ sound because that is not the proper place to put your tongue when you want to make the /s/ sound. For each sound, we have to hold our tongues in a certain place. For instance, put your the tip of your tongue between your teeth and make the /l/ sound. Continue making the /l/ sound and slowing move the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth and move it from the front of your mouth to the back as far as you can. Unless your tongue is really stiff, the /l/ will change to an /r/.

YEAH! I know, but that is just a "comedy line" and it's just supposed to be funny. LOL Funny how that hadn't been mentioned prior to now!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts