Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to the radio today and there was a animal talk show on. It seems the guest on the show was talking about deisgner dogs.

He said how it comes about is................ ARE YOU READY FOR THIS????

It's a breeders intent to get several top quality dogs with great bloodlines. Then by breeding these dogs together he is getting the BEST from each breed into a "new breed", DESIGNER PUP. Because you are getting the BEST the breeder can get far more for a pup.

I think this is a slap in the face to reputable breeders who are doing their best to keep within the standards.

How dare he get on radio and promote such. He made it sould like if you bought a designer dog you were getting the best.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
The sad thing is that so many people who are uneducated about doggies will believe such garbage. There ought to be a law against false advertisement.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
The only good news is that is is very unlikely that this so-called breeder will be able to get top quality dogs since no reputable breeder is going to sell them one. As we all know, the top puppies go to very carefully selected homes and are often co-owned by the breeder. The rest are sold with limited registration so they have to be spayed or neutered. Retirees are always spayed or neutered before they are placed, too.

Of course, there is nothing to stop this person from claiming that their breeding stock is the best of the best. And there are gullible people out there that will buy this load of @$%$^!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Sad, very sad
I can't believe they would make it sound like getting one of those puppies and paying top dollar was better than getting a pure bred from a "reputable" breeder. Those puppies have more of a chance of developing health problems down the road. I love all puppies no matter if they are pure bred or a mix from the pound, but I wouldn't pay that kind of money unless it was a pure bred and I knew the breeder really was reputable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts