Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Beautifully written, specially the last paragraph. I agree also that dogs do have emotions, but not always the ones we think they have. I just had the visit of my dog trainer for Fifi (service dog now...I am a proud mama...you uys are going to be tired of reading my postings...
) because I was concerned over her way of sheltering me from everyone, family members included. She does not leave my lap, and pushes away anyone getting close to me. I thought it was jaleousy...But the trainer explained that it is her sense of duty and her pride in her work. So I looked at her body language, and I think it is true...The tail up high, the gaze toward me....I was explained that each breed has a different reaction to the training. So maybe each breed could have a different range of emotion? By example, the trainer explained that a lab would be more cooperative with other family member, wanting to share the duty. While a Maltese's loyalty can get in the way...because we are theirs, they are not ours...Any comments on the trainer's thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts