Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an Ipod for Christmas! (Thank you DH!
) But I'm no where near the 40G that it will store, so I'm looking for cool new music to buy or download. I'll listen to just about anything but rap, so everyone post your favorites and your suggestions!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
John Mayer, Lifehouse, Amy Lee, Shania Twain, Britney spears(hhahhaha), Coldplay, Good Charlotte, Matchbox 20, Aaliyah, Toni Braxton, Babyface, KC and jojo, Faith Hill, Howie day, Usher, Aerosmith, Better than Ezra, Cindy Lauper, Dave Mathews band, Hanson, Mandymoore, Natalie Imbruglia, Pink, U2, switchfoot, Whitney houston, Robert downey Jr., Elton John, Madonna, Maroon5, Five for fighting, 112, Eagles, Stacie Orrico, Selena

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Did you wanted us to name song titles too?!?!?
John Mayer-Wonderland, New Deep, Daughters, Something's Missing
Coldplay-Yellow, Trouble(remix is good), Scientist, Clocks
Lifehouse--Hanging by a moment (I got an AWESOME life version if you want it), Sick Cycle Carrosel(sp.), Simon, Breathing, Someone else's song(?)
Shania Twain-I'm Jealous, It only hurts when I breath, Nah!, You're still the one (my fav.), From this moment on, It's in the way(?)...too many!
Selena--I could fall in love
Toni Braxton--There's no me w/o you, Breath again

All my music is on my PC and I'm on the laptop now. Tell me what are some of the things you listen to? I listen to anything that sounds good to me...even rap!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
SHE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE??!! AAAAHAAHAHAHHAHA. How about "I'm too sexy" HAHAHAHAH

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
heheh ok u want my music choices:

disturbed, korn, future leaders of the world, 311, cake, incubus, metallica, tap root, perfect circle, tool, audio slave...don't know song names..the whole cds are good

·
Registered
365 Posts
I agree with LadyMontava about Korn (its a good stress reliver for me when I listen to it!)
Heres a few more, Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, Bob Marley...
Did you look @ the iTunes Music Store yet? You can get some ideas from there too... Look at the iMixes that people did and there might be some songs on there to get ideas from...
Let us know what you picked so far...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! Some of my recent faves are Goldfrapp, Rasputina, Natacha Atlas, Portishead, Hum..

Lady Montava - It looks like we have similar tastes in music! :D

Thanks for the recs everyone, I've got some downloading to do!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@Dec 23 2004, 07:09 PM
Thanks all!  Some of my recent faves are Goldfrapp, Rasputina, Natacha Atlas, Portishead, Hum..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25206
[/QUOTE]
WHO??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
oh my, I am afraid I might be in a minority here...I love LATIN music! Enrique, Marc Anthony...yes even Ricky Martin! I love the spanish stuff that Ricky does(not something the average american would consider giving a chance...) ..latin music just makes you feel good. "You sang to me"(Marc) "Vuelve"(Ricky), Besos de Fuego(Ricky)....and Gloria Estefan, anything from her. I like classic stuff...Billy Joel, John Mellancamp, Styx, Queen....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Dec 23 2004, 08:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mystify79
@Dec 23 2004, 07:09 PM
Thanks all!  Some of my recent faves are Goldfrapp, Rasputina, Natacha Atlas, Portishead, Hum..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25206
WHO??????????????????????????????

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25220
[/B][/QUOTE]
They aren't too mainstream *lol* If you like 70's disco & stuff like Blondie, Goldfrapp's CD Black Cherry rocks. If you like gothic/dark music Rasputina is great. Portishead & Goldfrapp's CD Felt Mountain are both trip-hop, electronica. Natacha Atlas is a Middle Eastern dance type music. Hum is alternative/indie all the way. All very good stuff.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Just wondering... which 40GB ipod did you get??? I just got the new 60GB color screen one for my bday!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I am a definite minority b/c my list would mostly contain country.
I used to listen to pop/rock when I was in highschool...so I LOVE 80's music!!!!! Except for the stars that are always in the news like Britney...I don't even know the names of today's pop/rock musicians...
(I do know Unkle Cracker...only b/c he toured and sang with Kenny Chesney
)

My List: (top 10?)

Anything 80's or early 90's (loved the "Mickey" and others that Nicole listed above and I used to ADORE Madonna...I also like some of the classics like John Mellancamp etc.)
Shania Twain
Gretchen Wilson
Tim McGraw
Martina McBride (LOVE HER!!!!!!!)
Faith Hill (like her older stuff better)
Keith Urban
Kenny Chesney
Praise/Worship music
Show Tunes

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Kodie@Dec 23 2004, 11:47 PM
Just wondering... which 40GB ipod did you get??? I just got the new 60GB color screen one for my bday!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25261
[/QUOTE]
It's the new 4th Generation one with just the click wheel. How do you like the 60GB one? I was so between that one, the 40GB one and the 40GB IRiver which is supposed to be a lot like the IPod Photo. We ended up with the 40GB one because we wouldn't have to wait for the 60GB one to be in stock or for it to be delivered. We wanted immediate satisfaction with this one. I think I may have to get one for my DH too since he seems to be living vicariously through me now.

Originally posted by Boom Boom's Mom@Dec 24 2004, 09:51 AM
I have the original 20 GB ipod and I love it

If you have a mac, take a look at apples song store, it may work for pc's also.

for music download i used limewire, but I'm a bit iffy about downloading off the net now

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25280
[/QUOTE]
Boom's Mom - I still use Limewire and haven't had too many problems.. but most of those downloading services are such ghost towns that it's hard to find music anymore these days. Why did you stop using Limewire?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
For music that will reach the depths of your soul, try opera and classical such as these four selections, which are full of emotion and are so beautiful:
Puccini’s Madama Butterfly (especially Un Bel Di)
Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D. Op. 35 performed by Nathan Milstein
The Moldau by Bedrich Smetana
Nesun dorma
I highly recommend a CD called Puccini Weekend that has a great selection from various operas including arias Un Bel Di and Nesum dorma. It is a great sampler of the most familar and most beautiful Puccini arias from Madama Butterfly, Tosca, LaBoheme and Turandot.

Light Classical:
Anything by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue

Somewhat Contemporary:
Mark Knopfler
Bette Midler
Elton John
Billy Joel
Neil Sedaka
Enya

Broadway:
Les Miserables
Riverdance
Wicked
Rent
Smokey Joe’s Cafe
Caberet
Evita
Phantom of the Opera
Sunset Boulevard
Big River

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Dec 23 2004, 10:36 PM
oh my, I am afraid I might be in a minority here...I love LATIN music! Enrique, Marc Anthony...yes even Ricky Martin! I love the spanish stuff that Ricky does(not something the average american would consider giving a chance...) ..latin music just makes you feel good. "You sang to me"(Marc) "Vuelve"(Ricky), Besos de Fuego(Ricky)....and Gloria Estefan, anything from her. I like classic stuff...Billy Joel, John Mellancamp, Styx, Queen....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25231
[/QUOTE]

I like Latin music very much myself. I love the beat and energy!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 24 2004, 03:16 PM
For music that will reach the depths of  your soul, try opera and classical such as these four selections, which are full of emotion and are so beautiful:
Puccini’s Madama Butterfly (especially Un Bel Di)
Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D. Op. 35 performed by Nathan Milstein
The Moldau by Bedrich Smetana
Nesun dorma
I highly recommend a CD called Puccini Weekend that has a great selection from various operas including arias Un Bel Di and Nesum dorma. It is a great sampler of the most familar and most beautiful Puccini arias from Madama Butterfly, Tosca, LaBoheme and Turandot.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25313
[/QUOTE]

Kallie/Catcher's mom, you'd get along great with my husband! He's a huge opera and classical fan.

I'm very eclectic in musical tastes, love everything from classical to African, Aboriginal Australian, Native American, Chinese guqin (Qin), Polynesian -- but also enjoy classic rock, jazz, blues, some metal, Motown, and a number of 70s and 80s tunes.

My favorite pop artists are David Bowie-- try Space Oddity; Ashes to Ashes; Let's Dance; Heroes;
Annie Lennox;
Celine Dion, in French;
Santana;
Sarah McLachlan...
to name a few...

My husband and I both listen to a lot of Latin music, as well. I love listening to Shakira, Miguel Bose, and Alejandro Saenz...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts