Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our little girl (human baby) doens't know it YET, but tomorrow night we are getting her HER OWN little malty baby!!!! We're really excited about the new addition to our family. She is 12 weeks old, AKC registered, white with black points, has a health certificate, and we got lucky.... after much search, we found her, and she was the last one out of the bunch!

We were saddened to the fact that things didn't work out with the German Shepherd, but we believe that it was the Lord's work for us to find this little darling malty baby and not have a German Shepherd.

2 questions: 1- Have any idea for girl names?????

2- Do you think that our 2 malty babies will accept her?
Schuster is 2 and Grace will be 1 next month.

All your opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Ok, names first of all, Angel, Lucy, Mimi, Rosie, Lily, Lulu, Maggie, Sushi, Rosebud, and Daisy

This is going to be soo exciting!!! Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh what a wonderful surprise for your little girl,
I have a few names in mind.

Ruby, Shari, Meg, Amber, Hollie, Summer, Cindy, LuLu, Tina, Kelly.

I think the other two will be ok but maybe the introduction should be gradual, just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I think your daughter, since it will be her doggie, should pick the name!

The other two need time to adjust, but make sure you make known who is the alpha dog in the house...

That's my two cents!

Oh, and CONGRATS~~~

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awww....what a great surprise that will be!

I think she should pick the name herself...if it is going to be her dog...just my opinion...

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I was already phrasing my reply. even before I saw the other responses. Let your daughter name the puppy.

Hope all goes well. Do your other two malts ever play with other dogs? Maybe you should introduce them on neutral territory. Give it some time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey yall....thanks! I told Traci that Cheyenne should name her too!!!!

Do most of you know what "yall" means???? That's Kentucky Jargon for you all!!!!

However, before she just ups and names her, Cheyenne will have to get our approval of a name. IE: Traci doesn't want the name to be the same of some former girlfriends of mine!!! LOL
And I don't want (NO OFFENSE ANYONE) a malty named Ethel!!!! Please, don't anyone take that the wrong way--- I don't mean anything at all by anyone naming there baby Ethel---I've got a personal reason not to name her Ethel!!! LOL

Also, we've given our other two puppies my last name... that will be a part of the arrangment. In other words, Cheyenne was born during Traci's first marriage--- We agree that Cheyenne will be the only one with her last name in our house---afterall, it is just temporary---she'll get married one day!!!
But we do hope that will be a LOOOONNNNGGGGGG time from now!!!!

Pictures will be posted tomorrow night... yall be watching for them! But, it may be late

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I don't know how old your little girl is, but I think her naming the puppy is a fabulous idea...depending on her age she may feel overwhelmed with the task, so you could help her with suggestions on what direction to go in...say what is your favorite book, TV show, movie...any names you like from any of them...what is your favorite flower...could we name the puppy that. Do you have someone in your class whose name you really like...that kind of thing so that she expands her options and really thinks about what is her favorite all time name...Or she could really study the puppy to see what she is like...cuddles for a cuddle bum or bunny for a hopper.

I had a great time with my daughter when she was 8 and we got our yorkie...we spent days with her going over and over all kinds of things before she named him Sammy after Sam the Butcher from the Brady Bunch...
I don't even remember her reasoning but at the time it made sense and made her feel like the new puppy was more a part of her, and I think it made her feel more responsible in some ways.

I know I probably rambled...side effect of pain meds...sorry.

Susan

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Ooooohhhhhh....you are getting her today!?

How exciting!

And I am so jealous too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts