Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
6,006 Posts
Beautiful picture, Elizabeth!!
Your dogs are amazing. I was never a poodle person until I met my neighbor who used to show them. She actually made it to westminster, an now shows Great Danes.
I also have a really close friend who has 2 standard and one mini and competes them in agility competition things. She actually trains dog for the government, so you can imagine how well trained her 3 poodles are. Her dogs are beautiful and so highly intelligent like your two. I have so much respect for that breed. They are truly on a whole different level when it comes to intelligence.
I’m so happy you shared them with us. They are both very, very beautiful ❤

·
Registered
Kobe, 3 months, Maltese
173 Posts
Would love to meet your other dogs/pets and see some pics!

I have two amazing standard poodles, Maizie and Frosty. I don't know what I would do without them, especially after losing Zooey.

Maizie is a silver female, born on 4/8/15 in Heber City, Utah. She came home to me at 10 weeks old. She was the pick of her litter and I could have gotten her on a show contract, but since she's my first poodle, I was too intimdated by the requirements (e.g., growing her coat, hiring a handler and sending her out). Her sire is a grand champion and top sire of poodles. Maizie is an exceptionally outgoing and affectionate dog who loves any and all people. She is a registered therapy dog and I will use her in my practice in the future! She also does AKC Fast CAT, barn hunt, trailing and locating, urban locating, and shed dog. She was the most challenging puppy I have ever had and will ever have, but she taught me SO MUCH about training. She has a whole bag of tricks up her sleeve! Her high jinks have cost me tens of thousands of dollars in vet bills. She taught me that poodle are in a whole other class of intelligence as far as dogs go, which I had read before, but didn't fully understand.

Frosty is a cream boy born 8/2/16 in San Ramon, CA. His breeder is an AKC Breeder of Merit and top show competitor. I was able to meet him when he was 5 weeks to confirm that he was the best fit for me (his breeder suggested him to me). He then came home at 8 weeks (which is fine for large breeds :D). Frosty has a ton of energy. It's funny because he seems to get more and more fit every year, and more and more energetic. He was just taking off in his obedience career before Covid hit, and he also has successfuly competed in Rally, Fast CAT, trailing and locating, urban locating, and shed dog. He is brilliant and obedient, but he is still young and silly. One time I was playing with a tug toy by the rally ring and threw it by a tree before we walked in the ring. He was frisking and having trouble paying attention, until finally he coudln't take it anymore and he ran out of the ring to get the toy! Everyone was laughing, including the judge. Frosty is a mama's boy, through and through. He is sweet and pretty outgoing with other people as well, though.

Here are some pics of these two characters
View attachment 275136 View attachment 275137 View attachment 275138 View attachment 275139 . View attachment 275140 View attachment 275141 View attachment 275142 View attachment 275143 View attachment 275144 View attachment 275145
How beautiful they are Elizabeth. They look so happy. and Zoey looks like she had the best life ever with her 2 companions. I don't have any others besides Kobe but maybe someday my husband will be able to tolerate another. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Elizabeth,

Your dogs are gorgeous ! I have always loved poodles but I am scared of the training.
Are they hard to train?
I have 2 dogs, Lena as you know and the other one, Leia, is a rescue.She is a maltipoo according to the shelter but who knows haha. Leia came with many challenges but with love and patience she has become a happy and sweet dog.
Leia is very intelligent (more than Lena 😄 but don't tell Lena she is going to be upset 😉).
They get along well but Lena prefers to be with people. When I am home, she spends all her time with me.

I love the picture with Zooey and Maizie. It is a very beautiful picture !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your poodles are so gorgeous they both seem like lots of fun to have around,especially around this time with covid and it being nothing to do. I'm sure they keep you very busy throughout the day. Are they extremely active from what I've heard about the poodle breed they seem hard to keep up with energy wise? I used to have a female Maltese named Cupcake who was the sassiest yet sweetest girl ever. She was only 5 pounds and 5 ounces but she carried the world on her shoulders in her mind of course. She passed away in June of this year of cancer. Cupcake was my first dog ever. I got her when she was just twelve weeks old. She is the reason why I am such a dog lover now and such a huge fan of the Maltese breed. Cupcake lived to be eleven years old. She can be seen in my profile picture and the first picture attached to my section of this thread.
Dog clothes Dog supply Carnivore Dog Dog breed

I currently own a one in a half year old male English Bulldog named Aquarius his birthday is february third (2019) same day as superbowl sunday and one day before my birthday I got him at ten weeks old. He is the silliest dog I have ever met. His personality stays true to the english bulldog breed exactly like their description.Aquarius’s weighs 60 pounds and was the biggest english bulldog puppy in his litter his picture is also attached.
Dog breed Dog Carnivore Comfort Vehicle door

I also recently purchased Zen who is my newest male Maltese puppy. He is in training to become my service dog and is the calmest Maltese I have ever met ( I had his name picked out before i even met him and it fits perfectly) zen’s picture is also attached. Aquarius and zen are not allowed to play with each other or both be walking around in the same area due to Aquarius not being aware of his own size and thinking He’s small, I will definitely be getting them both their own playmates of their own size in the future.
Dog breed Dog Carnivore Mammal Working animal

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing your babies with us, zen's mom! I'm so sorry for your loss of Cupcake--she was so adorable, and her personality sounds very similar to my Zooey's! Your boys have surely helped to fill the void, even though of course they could never replace Cupcake. They are both so handsome I bet Aquarius is a real clown! We have a sweet male English Bulldog at our dog park and he is always being cute and silly. What a fun breed. How neat that Zen will become your service dog--we don't see too many small breeds in that work! Can I ask what service he will be trained to perform for you?

Yes, you are correct that the poodles keep me busy all day! It is a good thing that they require so much exercise, because it gets me out walking/jogging. There seems to be a full range of energy within standards, and miniature poodles are considered the most energetic of the three varieties.
Thank you, Zen will be trained as a medical alert service dog.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thank you so much! Poodles are easy to train obedience stuff, but hard to train not to get into trouble, sometimes! It depends on the bloodline. Maizie's siblings are mischievous too...their brains never rest LOL

Well we need to see a picture of Leia :) The Maltese/poodle is the best mix ever. We had a rescued one as well when I was a kid. She might have had something else in the mix, but she was super sweet like a Malt and had a slightly curly coat. Nowadays you can DNA test if you are curious (which I was and DNA tested Zooey and another of our shelter dogs). I used the Wisdom Panel 3.0 with accurate results on both dogs.
Haha they sound fun.

I need to find a picture of Leia. Lena likes pictures but Leia, not so much ;)
Leia has a curly coat (very difficult to groom). I keep it short otherwise it mats...
I think I am going to order a DNA test for her. I will let you know the results 😉

·
Registered
36 Posts
My first dog was a female maltese, Lulu. I got her at 1.75 lbs. So adorable. I think she had a better wardrobe than me. Truly an amazing experience to have such a sweet and beautiful companion. Now I love having two from the same litter. Enjoy your sweetie.
Merry Christmas

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Would love to meet your other dogs/pets and see some pics!

I have two amazing standard poodles, Maizie and Frosty. I don't know what I would do without them, especially after losing Zooey.

Maizie is a silver female, born on 4/8/15 in Heber City, Utah. She came home to me at 10 weeks old. She was the pick of her litter and I could have gotten her on a show contract, but since she's my first poodle, I was too intimdated by the requirements (e.g., growing her coat, hiring a handler and sending her out). Her sire is a grand champion and top sire of poodles. Maizie is an exceptionally outgoing and affectionate dog who loves any and all people. She is a registered therapy dog and I will use her in my practice in the future! She also does AKC Fast CAT, barn hunt, trailing and locating, urban locating, and shed dog. She was the most challenging puppy I have ever had and will ever have, but she taught me SO MUCH about training. She has a whole bag of tricks up her sleeve! Her high jinks have cost me tens of thousands of dollars in vet bills. She taught me that poodle are in a whole other class of intelligence as far as dogs go, which I had read before, but didn't fully understand.

Frosty is a cream boy born 8/2/16 in San Ramon, CA. His breeder is an AKC Breeder of Merit and top show competitor. I was able to meet him when he was 5 weeks to confirm that he was the best fit for me (his breeder suggested him to me). He then came home at 8 weeks (which is fine for large breeds :D). Frosty has a ton of energy. It's funny because he seems to get more and more fit every year, and more and more energetic. He was just taking off in his obedience career before Covid hit, and he also has successfuly competed in Rally, Fast CAT, trailing and locating, urban locating, and shed dog. He is brilliant and obedient, but he is still young and silly. One time I was playing with a tug toy by the rally ring and threw it by a tree before we walked in the ring. He was frisking and having trouble paying attention, until finally he coudln't take it anymore and he ran out of the ring to get the toy! Everyone was laughing, including the judge. Frosty is a mama's boy, through and through. He is sweet and pretty outgoing with other people as well, though.

Here are some pics of these two characters
View attachment 275136 View attachment 275137 View attachment 275138 View attachment 275139 . View attachment 275140 View attachment 275141 View attachment 275142 View attachment 275143 View attachment 275144 View attachment 275145
They are beautiful!!! Love watching poodles prance. :)

Lainie

1 - 20 of 28 Posts