Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
At vet now. They aspirated it. Did not see mast cells but looks suspicious , so they are taking a biopsy now, stitch her up and will send it out to lab.
Omg...my poor baby.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
I think it was a good thing to get biopsied. And now try not to worry, it may be nothing. Riley had a growth-skin tag in his mouth and they sent it off and it was nothing. If only I could take my own advise!:wub:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks everyone. I sure was in denial on this one. The more I thought about it, I just couldn't wait another day to find out, so pretty much pushed my way through for an appointment yesterday.
I honestly thought it was a bug embedded trying to push its way out. First thought with the vet was a mast cell. Never expected that.
I believe the worse case scenario will be that if it does come back being cancerous, she would have to have a bigger margin cut out and a few treatments but nothing life threatening like a mast cell.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
You are the world's best pup mom!

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You are the world's best pup mom!
Ha...not to sure about that. I only waited 2 months before I acted on this, didn't realize Suki's jaw was broken for a year and I brushed her teeth every night...I could go on but I won't because I get mad at myself for being oblivious.
Like my DD always said...she is the brains in the family :blush:

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
Joanne - I'm really hoping it's not cancerous. Dogs have a lot of funky growths and you just never know. Did she feel they did a good job of removing it? Hoping they got clear margins just in case. I was at the vet yesterday with Tyler and a woman comes in with her dog...looks at me and we realize we live in the same building. She brought in her cocker because she saw some growth in her ear all of a sudden. The vet staff treated it so matter of factly...they must get so many. Just went through the whole scenario. She was a wreck but they were very reassuring. Hoping Ling's in nothing.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Joanne - I'm really hoping it's not cancerous. Dogs have a lot of funky growths and you just never know. Did she feel they did a good job of removing it? Hoping they got clear margins just in case. I was at the vet yesterday with Tyler and a woman comes in with her dog...looks at me and we realize we live in the same building. She brought in her cocker because she saw some growth in her ear all of a sudden. The vet staff treated it so matter of factly...they must get so many. Just went through the whole scenario. She was a wreck but they were very reassuring. Hoping Ling's in nothing.
I hope they got clear margins...I specifically said that if they didn't think they could get one, that I would take her to oncology. The vet said she did but if the biopsy showed cancerous, they would refer me out since I'm so picky. Seriously...that's what she said...
Anyway, i think it's pretty routine to take skin biopsies.
Initially they said they would aspirate it and depending on what they see, I could wait to biopsy it on her next dental. The next minute they were telling me they didn't like how the cells were clumping together, or something to that effect (I went blank from anxiety) and they needed to biopsy today.
So, I'll just have to wait and see. My gut tells me she will be alright, so I'm going with that, otherwise I'll drive myself crazy with worry.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Joanne, I can't remember when you said results expected?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Sent up a prayer for you and Ling Ling. I hope it's nothing. I know waiting and not knowing yet is very difficult to endure.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts