Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yuck is a spray that is used to deter dogs from licking themselves and stuff in the house. Unlike bitter apple or those kind of sprays it is water based and not alchohol so it would not sting the skin. I ordered some...seems like it is more available on line than in stores. I was wondering if anyone has used the product and if it did the job.
Any information would be appreciated.
It is easy to do a search if you want to know more about this product.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Vita, I'm not familiar with it. I did a Google and MSN search on "Yuck" and then "Yuck Dog Licking" and couldn't find it.... On Spoiled Maltese you are allowed to share links to sites.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Gosh, it that stuff works it is a miracle product. I sure could have used it a couple weeks ago when Catcher was neutered and wouldn't leave the area alone. Luckily the Bite Not solved my problem but that spray sounds wonderful. Please let us know if it is effective. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Vita,
Please let us know if it works for you! My Bella chews and pulls on her tail almost constantly. I have to work so hard to distract her to get her to stop. It would be great if this stuff works. I've tried bitter apple on her tail but it didn't even phase her.
Nicolle
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Nicolle916@Nov 6 2004, 05:40 PM
Vita,
Please let us know if it works for you!  My Bella chews and pulls on her tail almost constantly.  I have to work so hard to distract her to get her to stop.  It would be great if this stuff works.  I've tried bitter apple on her tail but it didn't even phase her.
Nicolle

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15197
[/QUOTE]

I will let you know if it works for us. Freddy has a hot spot on his front paw. We were at the vet on tues. It is being treated with a spray antibiotic/cortisone...He is an equal opportunity licker and will mess with his feet but this is probably due to an irritant (so the vet says). I caught it before it was too bad but the last few days I have had him in my lap all the time to keep him from licking at his paw. Unfortunately it will take time for the yuck to be delivered but if this products works it would be great to have it around. A little paw licking creates no damage other than pink feet but they can really mutilate themselves if your dog does this constantly no matter what the "cause" is that made it start, whether it be allergy, irritant or just a habit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,486 Posts
Please, please let me know about this. I have a bichon with chronic skin problems. At times I have to use an Elizabethan Collar to keep her away from a hot spot. Thank you Vita and I'll look forward to your product report!
Susan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,863 Posts
DONT BUY YUCK!!!


i tried it, its just like bitter apple, but when you spray it---it gets all in the air too...so you're going to be choking and coughing. its horrible! stick with bitter apple or natures miracle.
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The yuck has arrived. The ingredient list is simple...water bicarb soda and ROSEMARY. Call me a nut but of course I tasted it. Trust mei t is much more lousy tasting than bitter apple. I don't have chewing puppies around so wont be using it on furniture but since it has no alchohol I would assume that it would be better for fabrics and furniture. Even if you sprayed it on those things it is not an aerosole so why would it disperse in the air..it didnt have a terrible smell..just a terrible taste. I did spray it on a paw that was getting its "morning" licks...and boy did Boris stop licking fast! I suppose they might get accustomed to the taste..but I can't imagine that! So..at least at this point I would recommend this product.
It can be used over medications that are applied to the skin so if you were treating a hot spot you could use the spray antibiotic/cortizone and spray this on top...it does not sting. Do be aware that dogs lick their paws because it is a symptom of allergy and you want to get to the underlying cause. Using this product is a stop-gap measure to make sure the dog doesn't cause sores and infections. Paw licking and chewing can be bahavioral as well and you would want to see what caused this habit to start and address those causes and use this kind of product to break the cycle and fix the cause as well.
So anyway...I would recommend a little yuck in your life!
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 10 2004, 03:20 PM
DONT BUY YUCK!!!


i tried it, its just like bitter apple, but when you spray it---it gets all in the air too...so you're going to be choking and coughing.  its horrible!  stick with bitter apple or natures miracle. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15817
[/QUOTE]
By the way...Natures Miracle is used to clean up after accidents...it neutralizes the odor so that discourages the dog from returning to the same place to potty. It is NOT applied to the dog.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,863 Posts
vita, on the back of natures miracle--theres a WHOLE LIST of stuff you can do! its amazing stuff!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Nicolle916@Nov 6 2004, 03:40 PM
Vita,
Please let us know if it works for you!  My Bella chews and pulls on her tail almost constantly.  I have to work so hard to distract her to get her to stop.  It would be great if this stuff works.  I've tried bitter apple on her tail but it didn't even phase her.
Nicolle

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15197
[/QUOTE]

Caesar used to do this when he was younger too. He would grab it in his mouth and then try to walk around but he would always walk crooked or in circles and usually ran right in to osme piece of furniture. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Originally posted by vita@Nov 16 2004, 12:23 PM
The yuck has arrived. The ingredient list is simple...water bicarb soda and ROSEMARY. Call me  a nut but of course I tasted it. Trust mei t is much more lousy tasting than bitter apple. I don't have chewing puppies around so wont be using it on furniture but since it has no alchohol I would assume that it would be better for fabrics and furniture. Even if you sprayed it on those things it is not an aerosole so why would it disperse in the air..it didnt have a terrible smell..just a terrible taste.  I did spray it on a paw that was getting its "morning" licks...and boy did Boris stop licking fast! I suppose they might get accustomed to the taste..but I can't  imagine that! So..at least at this point I would recommend this product.
It can be used over medications that are applied to the skin so if you were treating a hot spot you could use the spray antibiotic/cortizone and spray this on top...it does not sting. Do be aware that dogs lick their paws because it is a symptom of allergy and you want to get to the underlying cause. Using this product is a stop-gap measure to make sure the dog doesn't cause sores and infections. Paw licking and chewing can be bahavioral as well and you would want to see what caused this habit to start and address those causes and use this kind of product to break the cycle and fix the cause as well.
So anyway...I would recommend a little yuck in your life!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16627
[/QUOTE]

Vita,
Thanks for the update! There are so many things out there that you would have to be a billionaire to try them all!
If our tail problem continues (she is getting less obsessed) I will definitely get some YUCK!
Nicolle
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top