Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lily is doing just fine--we are working on getting rid of the tear stains and except for one other thing her coat is fine.

I bathe Lily once a week aside from washing her face every day. But the top of her head--the hair--gets sooooo stringy/greasy looking from all the eager hands petting her. Is there any way to clean this area more frequently without damaging the hair? Should I wash it fully? Any ideas would be good...Her poor head hair makes her look like a ragamuffin just two days after her bath.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I haven't tried any waterless shampoos myself, but I would assume one would be good to use in between her baths on her head (and elsewhere if needed). Depending on the brand, they come in spray or foam form. Like I said, I've never used one, but I know at least a few members here have tried them and can probably help you out with brands if you want to try one.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Here's a more simple solution. Grind a Tbsp. of oatmeal and rub into the hair. Let set a minute or two and then brush/comb out. Voila!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts