Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I found the cause for Zani's mild tear staining...by accident...

Zani didn't have any tear staining problems when we brought him home at 12 weeks. However, when we got him home they gradually started. We feed him the same food as his breeder and so when the staining started I wasn't sure why. Well, our entire home has hardwoods, some tile, and limestone flooring. We have two runners and one small to medium size area rug and Zani loves to potty on them instead of his pee pee pads. I was becoming so frustrated and decided to remove all the rugs. GUESS WHAT!!! Within a matter of days the tearing stopped and he has a beautiful white face. I'm so excited!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Wow, that is great news, I wish it was that simple for us, but we have carpet all through except for the kitchen of course, well done!!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yippy , this is a great source of information. I whish it was the carpet for us but chelsey spend most of her time in the living room that is all laminate fake hard wood.
The carpet is down in our basement.

But that is really great.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Hmmm, we all spend most of our time upstairs where it's covered in carpet. Maybe I should steam clean it to see if that works. There's no way I can get rid of it though. Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts