Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Hi

Peanut's bottom teeth are also crooked. In his case it's because his puppy teeth didn't fall out before the adult teeth grew in. I'm not completely sure what is going to happen, but he has an appointment next month to get the remaining puppy teeth pulled and a teeth cleaning. His teeth are so close together, there is all kinds of gunk I can't get out when I brush his teeth. My vet said February is vet. dental month and there is a discount on all dental procedures.

littlepeanut

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Oh my! Your little ZsaZsa is so adorable. Did she come from a Florida breeder?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I think what you are seeing is that the baby teeth have not fallen out but the adult teeth have already come in. There are lots of posts about this on here and even some photos!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Are you talking about the tiny little incisors? They should have 6 on top and bottom. Many don't have full dentition (all 6) which is not a big deal. Some that do are too crowded and will be crooked. It is not a big deal at all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
my elmo has a few crooked teeth down the bottom,i don't think it is a problem,make sure your dog has bones,hard dry food,dog chews and dentabones as they will naturally clean your dogs teeth. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts